No 19, 1st Floor,
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel: 03-5632 9312
Operating Hours: 6pm to 12am
Have not visit SUMI-KA for quite some time since college and finally decided to have a supper dinning over it. Its a Japanese grill and sake theme restaurant where they serve variety of Japanese skewers and of cause bottles of sake. The bottles of sake can be kept over in the restaurant if you unable to finish it on the spot so its pretty convenient.
The head chef is truly Japanese as it rely on his waiters to take down orders from customers and paper it in Japanese. Its absolutely entertaining watching the chef grill every sticks as smoke raising up with smokey fragrance tempts your appetite.
The restaurant practice open kitchen concept and please be aware that besides dishes in the menu, there are also daily special servings that written on a small blackboard beside the bar. The daily specials are written in Japanese so unfamiliarity please refer to the waiter for assistant. You may be surprise by its variety of special dishes like sea urchin.
Raw Cabbage with special soy sauce (Great)
- simple appetizer yet truly appetizing and the best part is refillable thus you can have as many bowls as you like throughout your dining -
Special Menu: Pork Soup (Sensational)
- for pork lovers, assure you will like this and soup capture the essences of pork and white carrot. the dish is out of the menu thus remember to ask the daily special -
- origiri means rice ball wrapped with seeweed while mentai refers to fish egg thus is an interesting and filling dish unlike normal Japanese roll -
Jyaga Batter (Sensational)
- strong fragrance of butter covering pieces of potatoes which is one of my favourite unfortunately is taste better with with skin on -
- basically is pork slice with fish egg ball
Overall, its fantastic supper and will try their sake together with its grill would taste much better then.
Rating: 8.5 /10